What 40 Days for Life has witnessed (so far)
There have now been 11 coordinated 40 Days for Life campaigns since 2007. These efforts have mobilized people of faith and conscience across all 50 of the United States, Canada, Australia, England, Ireland, Northern Ireland, Argentina, Armenia, Belize, Denmark, Georgia, Germany, Poland, Puerto Rico, Spain and Uganda.
During these unified efforts, participants witnessed countless blessings from God:
- 2,210 individual campaigns have taken place in 481 cities
- More than 550,000 have joined together in an historic display of unity to pray and fast for an end to abortion
- More than 15,500 church congregations have participated in the 40 Days for Life campaigns
- Reports document 6,749 lives that have been spared from abortion — and those are just the ones we know about
- 75 abortion workers have quit their jobs and walked away from the abortion industry
- 25 abortion facilities completely shut down following local 40 Days for Life campaigns
- Hundreds of women and men have been spared from the tragic effects of abortion, including a lifetime of regrets
- More than 2,600 news stories have been featured in newspapers, magazines, radio shows and TV programs from coast to coast ... and overseas
- Many people with past abortion experiences have stepped forward to begin post-abortion healing and recovery
After so many years of legalized abortion, many people of faith are experiencing a renewed sense of HOPE!
From the beginning
The first 40 Days for Life campaign was conducted in Bryan/College Station, Texas in the fall of 2004. A local pro-life group prayed for an answer
about how to reduce abortion in their area, and the answer God gave them was 40 Days for Life. The campaign was put together in a matter of weeks,
yet it activated 1,000 people and led directly to a 28 percent decline in abortions in that community.
An idea catches on
News of the victory that God led in Texas spread to other communities, and in 2005 and 2006 a half dozen other cities
conducted their own 40 Days for Life campaigns. Each program was geared to the specific region, but each reported positive results. For some, it was
learning that clinics closed altogether or cut their operating hours. Other cities found an outpouring of women seeking post-abortion healing.
40 Days for Life goes coast to coast
The first national 40 Days for Life campaign was conducted in the fall of 2007, with more than 80 cities in more than 30 states participating in a
simultaneous outreach. People who had never been involved in pro-life activities came forward to answer the call.
Lives were saved, hearts were changed and people are seeing that prayer indeed can make a difference in the quest to end abortion.
More cities inspired to take part
A second national 40 Days for Life campaign was conducted in more than 50
cities in the spring of 2008. This campaign coincided with
the Christian season of Lent, and brought renewed attention to the damage caused by abortion
in our individual towns and communities.
Looking to the future
Eleven coordinated campaigns have been conducted in all. With prayerful hearts, we will be going forward with our next coordinated 40 Days for Life campaign from February 13 – March 24.
Please sign up for 40 Days for Life updates (see the form at top right) to see how you
can take part in the ambitious plans God has put before us. Also, please continue to join us in
praying and fasting for an end to abortion, for conversion of those involved in the abortion industry and
for healing for the many who are hurting after abortion.
NEXT: See what pro-life leaders are saying ...