After 37 years of legalized abortion in America, it's FINALLY time...
40 Days for Life: The groundbreaking
pro-life campaign that GETS RESULTS!
pro-life campaign that GETS RESULTS!
- Save lives from abortion ...
- protect women and men ...
- provide healing to the wounded ...
- mobilize the Body of Christ in your town ...
- IN JUST 40 DAYS!
If you already know you're ready to lead your city's 40 Days for Life campaign that runs from September 22 - October 31 ... GO!
If you're still discerning your role as a local campaign coordinator ... here's a quick video to help you get an idea of:
- What 40 Days for Life is all about
- The amazing history of life-saving results
- The critical timing for this fall's campaign
- Specifics of the September 22 - October 31 effort
- How YOU can make a crucial difference in your town
Fired up? Read on!
If you, and others in your community, are ready to...
- Heed God's call to speak up for those that cannot speak for themselves ...
- Take courageous action to save the lives of innocent children in the womb ...
- Protect women -- and men -- from making a terrible decision that they'll regret for a lifetime ...
- Help those who have been hurt by abortion to find healing and forgiveness ...
- Turn the tide against abortion right where you live ...
...Then this could be the most important message you've ever read.
Go lock the door, take the phone off the hook, turn off your e-mail, grab your favorite hot beverage, and study every single word of this letter. It's THAT important.
In America alone, a nation that was founded on an unalienable right to life, endowed by our Creator, more than 1,200,000 innocent children are killed by abortion each year.
However, it's not only children that are affected...
- Millions of women have been wounded by abortion -- some physically, and many more emotionally and spiritually -- and fathers who have lost children to abortion have been shoved to the sidelines, abandoned to lives of regret.
- Our children have been sold a lie about so-called sexual freedom without being adequately warned about the long-term consequences of promiscuity and sin. As a result, teenage pregnancies and sexually transmitted diseases have reached alarming levels.
- Recent elections have placed more abortion advocates in powerful state and national offices, and the prospects are quite chilling -- unless something drastic changes now.
- Recent judicial appointments have raised concerns, and unaccountable judges are forcing their personal abortion agenda. Experts still say there are not enough votes on the U.S. Supreme Court to overturn the unjust 1973 Roe v. Wade decision that imposed abortion on all 50 states.
- The national media has overwhelmingly taken a position in favor of abortion, saturating the airwaves and print publications with biased information, and portraying pro-life Christians in a negative light.
- Many Christian churches have fallen silent about abortion, and many followers of Jesus Christ have become apathetic or indifferent, failing to "speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves."
Clearly, our culture has turned away from God. This may seem like cause for despair, but scripture reminds us...
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
- 2 Chronicles 7:14
- 2 Chronicles 7:14
A new solution...
There is reason to have great hope. And that hope is found in a simple -- but highly effective -- pro-life campaign known as 40 Days for Life.
Starting in 2004, communities quietly began to conduct the 40 Days for Life campaign, one after another. In the fall of 2007, more than 80 communities held 40 Days for Life campaigns simultaneously. Five more coordinated campaigns have followed.
To date, 307 cities in 50 American states, the District of Columbia, one American territory, six Canadian provinces, Australia, Denmark and Northern Ireland have joined together in this initiative. These campaigns have created a track record of extraordinary life-saving results:
- More than 350,000 people of faith and conscience have joined together to pray and fast for an end to abortion
- More than 11,500 church congregations have participated in the grassroots effort
- More than 2,800 children have been saved from abortion
- Hundreds of women - and men - have been spared from the pain and regret of abortion
- Those with abortion experiences in their past have found healing
- Five abortion facilities have gone out of business following 40 Days for Life campaigns ... and one has stopped doing abortions
- Other abortion facilities have experienced sharp setbacks, cutting back hours and closing down for days at a time
- Thirty-five abortion workers have quit their jobs due to 40 Days for Life efforts
- Media outlets have given the pro-life position prominent coverage with more than 850 news stories
- Churches have been activated and united for life
- New people have been recruited, educated, and mobilized
- People have turned back to God with renewed hope
40 Days for Life requires lots of prayer, hard work, and personal sacrifice, but the campaign is actually quite simple.
Components of 40 Days for Life...
One of the strengths of the 40 Days for Life campaign is its simplicity. Your community can make a tremendous impact by implementing three basic components...
1. Prayer and Fasting
Want to end abortion? First you pray.
Prayer is at the center of 40 Days for Life. During the campaign, we are calling on prayer warriors to fall on their knees before the Lord, asking Him to hear our plea and heal our land. Pray outside an abortion facility. Pray at church. Pray at work. Pray in the car. Pray at home with your family. Pray!
People of faith are also invited to fast throughout 40 Days for Life.
Christ said there are demons that can only be driven out by prayer and fasting. A fast is not a Christian diet; it is a powerful means of drawing closer to God by blocking out distractions. Fast from food. Fast from television. Fast from excess time in front of a computer. Fast from apathy and indifference. Fast from whatever it is that separates you from God.
We believe that when God's people fast with a broken, repentant, and contrite spirit, our heavenly Father will hear from heaven and heal our lives, our churches, our communities, our nation, and our world.
2. Constant vigil
The visible, public centerpiece of 40 Days for Life is a 40-day, round-the-clock prayer vigil outside a Planned Parenthood center or other abortion facility in your community.
It is a peaceful and educational presence, and this 24-hour-a-day presence sends a powerful message to the community about the tragic reality of abortion. It also serves as a call to repentance for those who work at the abortion center and those who patronize the facility.
If you do not have an abortion facility or Planned Parenthood office in your town, you can still conduct 40 Days for Life. However, you will need to select a different location with some strategic significance -- perhaps near city hall, a courthouse, or a highly visible intersection.
Does your vigil have to be 24-hours a day?
No, that is not required. We do, however, encourage you to prayerfully consider this question. Those communities that have conducted a round-the-clock vigil reported amazing blessings from their additional sacrifice.
The hours are completely up to you and others planning your local 40 Days for Life campaign, as long as you commit to try and fill a minimum of 12 hours a day at one specific abortion facility for each of the 40 days -- one location only because that's how the campaign has experienced its most profound impacts.
3. Community outreach
During 40 Days for Life, you have a great opportunity to take the pro-life message to every corner of your community.
A door-to-door petition and education drive can be implemented to reach out to every household in your town or city. During this time, informational flyers are distributed in neighborhoods to raise awareness about the local crisis of abortion. Citizens are invited to sign a petition of support for the sanctity of human life, and people are given the opportunity to visibly show their support for 40 Days for Life by wearing wristbands, placing signs in their yards, or displaying bumper stickers on their vehicles.
This one activity alone can help a community rapidly identify hundreds, or even thousands, of pro-life supporters during the 40 days. These people can then be encouraged to get involved in additional local pro-life efforts during and after your campaign.
Church involvement begins by meeting with local pastors, other church leaders, and members of different congregations. The Body of Christ is invited to pray together and participate in 40 Days for Life, uniting in one focused mission that can save lives and make an eternal impact.
Media outreach is conducted through carefully targeted news stories, talk shows, editorials, and letters to the editor. This enables you to get the pro-life message out to many people who would never see the inside of a local church.
If your community has a college campus, many students can be impacted through an intense 40-day campus outreach. This can consist of flyer raids, sidewalk chalking, petition drives, table displays, and much more.
Benefits for your community...
By implementing the three components of prayer and fasting, constant vigil, and community outreach, your city or town could:
- Reduce abortion rates -- by 15% ... 20% ... 25% ... or more!
- Recruit and mobilize hundreds -- even thousands -- of new people into effective, life-saving efforts
- Lead post-abortive women -- and men -- into proven and effective healing programs
- Develop dynamic new leaders to increase the future impact of pro-life efforts
- Bring churches together in an historic display of Christian unity and action
- Generate enormous buzz by getting prominent pro-life news coverage -- even from biased media outlets
- Increase local financial support for pro-life efforts
- Make the sanctity of human life a crucial issue in local, state and even national elections
These are bold claims, however these results (and many more) have actualy been accomplished in other communities.
Don't just take our word for it...
Here are actual testimonials from a few of the communities that have completed 40 Days for Life campaigns.
This short audio recording features nine local 40 Days for Life leaders sharing how God blessed their community as a result of this focused pro-life initiative. These are ordinary people with extraordinary faith and courage who were exactly where you are at this time last year — praying about what God wanted them to do.
They are from Indiana, Florida, Alabama, New York, Connecticut, California, Louisiana — even Canada. They took a leap of faith and stepped up to lead local 40 Days for Life campaigns. And now you can hear — straight from them — what happened as a result.
Listen to the audio online (click arrow to start):
Download MP3 (right-click to save to your computer):
Need more? Here are reports from several successful local 40 Days for Life campaigns:
When we first saw the 40 Days for Life Campaign it resounded in our hearts. Wow! We would be united with many other cities in prayer and fasting, peaceful, prayerful vigil, and community outreach to stop abortion in our land. What power to break spiritual strongholds! What power to address the reality of abortion in our midst! We wanted this program in our state... we were willing to do whatever the program called for... we said, Yes!
We blanketed over 40,000 flyers to area homes with volunteer planning and youth power. We filled 40 days and 40 nights with nonstop prayer vigil! Three lives were confirmed saved and three families were protected from the aftermath of abortion. There were two separate weeks when no surgical abortions took place at the only abortion site left in North Dakota.
The leadership at the national level trained, encouraged and equipped us every step of the way. They were invaluable. We were rekindled with the belief that North Dakota really could be the first abortion free state in the nation... We are committed to continue what the Lord has begun.
We believe every community should conduct a 40 Days for Life Campaign because it inflames the hearts, minds and souls for Christ and for life. It a powerful tool for unity in our nation and a vehicle to proclaim the truth about the sanctity of human life throughout the land. It is simply one of the most exciting events in the pro-life arena that we have encountered in our entire lives.
Fargo, North Dakota
Fargo, North Dakota
For the past two years I have been waiting and praying for God to move in my life, to show me His will for my future. This past fall He moved me to help facilitate the 40 Days for Life here in Seattle. I could see the power of this campaign and I knew the importance of this issue, but the laborers who would get this initiative off the ground where absent (or so I thought). I more than volunteered; I dedicated myself to making this happen. I gave my all to this campaign and I have seen life altering blessing poured out over me in return.
During the campaign we had over 300 people get involved in the local vigil. We had daily interactions with people on the street who were touched and changed by our presence. Here in Seattle we were faced with something of a tough audience, but for this period of time the mood changed and a glimmer of hope could be seen through the darkness.
If you're thinking about stepping out and running a 40 Days campaign, but you're faced with doubt and a general sense that it is impossible, do it anyway. I am convinced that our campaign here in Seattle was facilitated more by God himself and we were just assistants. If you can allow yourself to focus on the immediate details, God will bless you and help to fill in the rest. Be His instrument in this; Say yes, and allow Him to work powerfully in your community through this campaign!
As a past leader of two 40 Days for Life prayer vigils here in Charlotte, I would like to encourage anyone considering being a part of a vigil to take that "first step" and go for it. Prayer is the most needed weapon to fight the battle to end abortion in America and the world today.
During our first vigil, we had very limited coverage for 40 continuous days, yet it was also the prayers by proxy that united our community. The second 40 day prayer vigil which was a part of the national event was even more impactful. Again, the unity both in prayer at the site, by proxy, and this time the united prayers of the nation transformed us all. It was definitely one of the most meaningful times of my life.
The most important thing to do today is to begin to pray about how God is calling you to this task. The thing that I feel is most important is to get a leadership team, whether two or twelve. These people although diverse, should be united in faithfulness, availability, intentional, teachable, and mostly, having a heart for God. With this Army, God will accomplish great things through you for His Glory. So, go for it!! Take that first step, on your knees, and you will be blessed.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Charlotte, North Carolina
We received many, many more powerful testimonials, but these should help you to see that God is clearly at work -- through His people -- in amazing ways!
Momentum is building and building...
Following the enormous success of the five national 40 Days for Life campaigns, many additional communities have expressed a desire to conduct a 40 Days for Life campaign.
It is clear that more 40 Days for Life campaigns are being called for.
As a result, the next coordinated 40 Days for Life campaign will be held from September 22 - October 31.
Some pro-life leaders are saying that -- with God's help -- 40 Days for Life could help to mark the beginning of the end of abortion.
Now here's the question for you...
Should your community participate?
We can't answer that question for you ... but God can.
If you haven't already, begin to pray about your involvement. Talk with others in your community and evaluate their level of interest. Review all of the materials available on this site. Form a core team to pray and plan for your campaign.
But do it quickly, because it's time to make a decision!
From Sepbember 22 - October 31, widespread communities will be joining together to fervently seek God's will and work tirelessly to end abortion.
The campaign application period closes on Saturday, July 31, to ensure that all participating cities have the needed time for training and preparation to kick-off a successful campaign.
Here's the question for you:
Will you be on the front lines, making a lifesaving impact on your community and our nation?
Or will you simply be sitting on the sidelines, watching others write the pages of history?
The very fact that you've made it this far leads us to believe that you DO have an important role in this this monumental initiative.
And you'll have lots of help.
What you'll be getting...
By applying for 40 Days for Life, you will be given all the help, resources, and training you need -- exactly when you need it -- to successfully plan and implement your local campaign. (We've learned from previous campaigns what should happen when.)
You will have national experts and leaders working side by side with you every step of the way, and we promise not to dump everything on you right at the very beginning (or you'd probably go into information overload! :-)
#1: Training modules
Everything will be broken down into step-by-step modules that guide you through the advance planning and continuing all the way through the 40 days.
Modules will consist of:
- Training sessions via internet with presentations detailing exactly what you and your team need to be working on. These modules are the foundation of your 40 Days for Life training. Recordings will be made available for you to listen online or download to listen on your computer or MP3 player.
- Printable training guides that may be downloaded from the internet; it will build upon the content delivered during each training module.
- Implementation tools including checklists, to-do items, calendars, and forms relevant to where you are in the campaign, all delivered online.
- Resource templates for materials needed at each stage of the campaign, delivered to you from the 40 Days for Life web site.
- Planning tips for your key events -- the Kickoff Rally, the Midpoint Rally, and your Victory Celebration.
- Supplemental items including suggested reading, videos, audios, all delivered online for your convenience.
We've done everything possible to streamline this into a very simple process for you.
The bottom line: if you have a computer and a telephone -- and you can follow simple step-by-step instructions -- you will be able to conduct a successful 40 Days for Life campaign in your town.
#2: Q&A conference calls
After the training is complete, members of the national leadership team will be available to you to answer your 40 Days for Life questions on a live conference call with web simulcast. These valuable sessions will also be recorded and archived for your access in case you cannot participate in the live discussion.
#3: Online campaign headquarters
In addition to the training modules, once your application is accepted, you will be given IMMEDIATE ACCESS to a private web-based forum set up for the exclusive use of communities conducting 40 Days for Life.
This forum will continue to grow and develop throughout the campaign, and will be the central hub of information where you will be able to...
- Download campaign materials, tools, training and templates for every aspect of your campaign
- Communicate with people in other communities who are participating in the nationwide 40 Days for Life campaign
- Get help when questions and challenges come up
- Offer assistance to others
- Share new ideas and best practices
#4: E-mail coaching and updates for your leaders
All local leaders of your 40 Days for Life campaign will receive exclusive updates, coaching tips, and breaking news from the national campaign headquarters by way of e-mail, enabling rapid and consistent communication.
#5: Resource templates
You will be given access to web-based templates for just about everything you could possibly need ... including editable, downloadable samples of:
- Promotional literature including posters, flyers, information sheets, bulletin inserts, and pulpit announcements
- 40 Days for Life signs including yard signs for community awareness and signs for use during your vigil
- Optional promotional items including templates for T-shirts, wristbands, and bumper stickers
- Community outreach petitions including templates for a quarter-sheet card and a full-sheet
- Professional graphic files of the 40 Days for Life logo for you to use on your own, customized materials
Each template will be fully customizable so you can adjust the item to fit your local campaign. All templates will be delivered digitally to you on the internet to reduce expense and to make them readily available when you need them.
#6: Media and public relations assistance
To help generate local media coverage around your 40 Days for Life efforts, at different times throughout the campaign you will be given access to online:
- News release templates that can be customized with the specifics of your local campaign
- Sample talking points to help you stay organized and focused in any communication with media outlets
- Coaching on media skills including identifying local media outlets, preparing and sending a press release, responding to news inquiries, handling media interviews, and the power of the opinion page
The 40 Days for Life national campaign headquarters will also strive to gain prominent national media coverage to support local efforts.
#7: A local campaign web presence
Shortly after the application period ends, you will be able to set up a special, customizable local web presence on the 40 Days for Life web site, making it easy to get local people involved in your efforts.
Even if you've never set up a web page before, your easy-to-use online interface will make it simple to add, edit, and update content on this dedicated section of the 40 Days for Life web site.
The professional graphic design of this page will convey professionalism to people in your community, and will be consistent with the look of the national 40 Days for Life branding.
All contact information for the people who sign your online petition or request updates through your web page will be provided to you so you can keep in touch with them and involve them in your local pro-life efforts before, during, and after 40 Days for Life.
How your community
can apply to participate...
can apply to participate...
If you were to conduct a campaign like this completely on your own, the cost for everything we're providing could run you several thousand dollars. (We know from experience that the first 40 Days for Life cost nearly $15,000 to put together.)
By consolidating efforts -- and due to the incredible generosity of a few donors -- we are thrilled to be able to provide your community everything mentioned above for a very modest amount.
Even though the cost for the national team to support each local campaign is more than $500 per site, the registration fee for each location wanting to conduct a 40 Days for Life campaign is still only $197. That includes EVERYTHING listed in the section above!
Your application can be easily completed online today with any major credit card, or you can print out the application form and mail it with your payment.
But HURRY -- because the deadline for your application is Saturday, July 31, at midnight (Pacific time).
Also keep in mind that here will be other costs tied to your campaign for events, vigil supplies, printing, promotion, mailings, phone calls, etc. These costs can vary by community, from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars, depending on how ambitious you decide to make your campaign.
However, raising funds for this project can actually be a great blessing as you watch God provide for the campaign's needs.
Several communities that conducted 40 Days for Life reported great success in offseting their campaign costs through...
- Organization growth: several communities experienced a significant increase in pro-life funding before, during and after 40 Days for Life. Supporters are excited to get behind something that is making a visible impact. This increase will often offset campaign costs in part or full.
- Shared cost: several churches or organizations can "go in together" and share the campaign costs.
- Special offering: events can be a great opportunity for people to share the blessings they've received during 40 Days for Life.
- Sponsorship: Consider inviting key individuals, organizations, or business to underwrite some or all of your campaign costs.
However you choose to offset the costs of 40 Days for Life, all funds raised before and during your campaign will stay right where they are needed the most -- in your community.
If God is moving your heart to involve your community in this history-making campaign, we believe that He will provide you exactly what you need when you need it.
If you have prayed about this, discussed it with your family, talked with others in your community to begin forming a core team, and taken the time to review this information, then your community is ready.
Select one person to complete this application process to avoid duplication (but don't worry -- if we find overlap or duplicates later, we'll sort it all out and credit back any extra registration fees) and let's start making history.
Our personal guarantee to you...
We don't want any community to sign up and then fail. That doesn't do you any good, and it certainly doesn't do anything to help the pro-life cause.
If your community feels called to participate in 40 Days for Life, go ahead and register today at NO RISK whatsoever. If for any reason, by the end of 30 days, you honestly feel we didn't deliver on what was promised -- or if things just aren't coming together in your community -- ask for a full 100% refund. We'll happily oblige.
You see, we're THAT confident that nothing out there comes CLOSE to the results you'll generate by doing a 40 Days for Life campaign.
This "make sure you're happy" guarantee is our way of taking ANY worry off your shoulders about making this important decision.
If you're ready to end abortion...
Now is the time to speak up for those that cannot speak for themselves by completing the application to lead your community's participation in the September 22 - October 31 coordinated 40 Days for Life campaign.
Fill out your application now. It will be reviewed immediately and you will be notified of your official acceptance within 48 hours!
Take the first step by clicking the button below to begin the easy application process.
* But HURRY... the application deadline
is Saturday, July 31 *
is Saturday, July 31 *