A Night to Remember, God and Mary's Presence
A Night to Remember
I just got off my first Prayer Vigil of our Spring Campaign 2012
by J. Angele Kuchukian, Bryn Mawr, Pa Campaign Director
As I make our first walk of Jericho around Bryn Mawr Hospital, the night is clear, the air is clean, there are few passersby, a couple of police cars leave the emergency room in the middle of my Peaceful Prayer Vigil. I wave, they wave back.
This evening, earlier, I watched the amazing video Shawn Carney sent us today from London. David Bereit looks a little thinner, Shawn looks a little happier. But, the enthusiasm, the HOPE projected by the Londoners spurs me on.
These "twins" gave us a most amazing Leadership Training Workshop in D.C. on January 24th at the Hyatt Hotel. May we all be led on to an unexpected, successful campaign. "The plans I have for thee are far greater than you could ever imagine." -God
During Tuesday night’s "MOMENTUM" webcast, National shared the many blessings and answered prayers that God has provided through your sacrificial efforts surrounding this spring’s 40 Days for Life campaign:
- 387 cities across the all 50 United States (31 in CA alone), Canada, Australia, England, Ireland, Spain, Belize, Armenia and Georgia, Peurto Rico, Argentina, Germany
- 1,332 individual campaigns have taken place in 387 cities
- More than 500,000 have joined together in an historic display of unity to pray and fast for an end to abortion
- More than 15,000+ church congregations have participated in the 40 Days for Life campaigns
- Reports document 5,045 lives that have been spared from abortion — and those are just the ones we know about
- 61 abortion workers have quit their jobs and walked away from the abortion industry
- 21 abortion facilities completely shut down following local 40 Days for Life campaigns
- Hundreds of women and men have been spared from the tragic effects of abortion, including a lifetime of regrets
- More than 1,500 news stories have been featured in newspapers, magazines, radio shows and TV programs from coast to coast ... and overseas
- Many people with past abortion experiences have stepped forward to begin post-abortion healing and recovery
- People of faith and conscience are experiencing a renewed sense of HOPE!
By Jules Green
Today I prayed at my first group vigil to end abortion. There were a handful of us walking around Bryn Mawr Hospital where abortions are performed and where my youngest son was born in 2008. I was pushing him in the stroller and the other participants held signs and prayed together out loud a prayer I do not know since I am not Catholic, but I was welcomed lovingly to join them so I just sang my favorite hymns of praise from the Lutheran services of my youth. It was a solemn but powerful feeling to be joined in prayer with fellow Christians for such a basic thing as the right to be born. Come pray with us to end abortion. See for yourself and experience the power of shared prayer and what it can do to change the world, one life at a time.
I want to share with you this wonderful video from Australia with Brad Taylor, the local coordinator of the initial campaign in Perth, who posted a video inviting folks in Western Australia to get involved in 40 Days for Life. Some of the statistics he mentions are specific to his city, state and nation, but the message applies everywhere that abortion on demand is legally permitted.
Watch the video! You’ll be inspired to keep going for the rest of these 40 days – and beyond – by Brad’s optimistic call to action: “Let’s make abortion history!”