- 02/16/10-Spring 2010 Kickoff
- 10/02/10- Fr. Philemon Okoh
- 10/03/10-Lifechain 2010
- 10/09/10-Memorial Service for Slain Unborn w/Fr.Trapp
- 10/10/10-Guardian Angels Parishioners with Fr. Giera
- 10/14/10-St.Hugo of the Hills w/Fr. Mike Wilkes
- 10/16/10-EXTREME 4 Him Christian Motorcycle Association
- 10/16/10-St. Clare of Assisi Parish with Fr. Greg Tokarski
- 10/17/2010- Fr. Pat Connell w/ Our Lady of LaSaletter parish
- 10/18/2010 Holy Name parishioners
- 10/24/10 - Deacon Brian Carroll with OL of LaSalette
- 10/24/10 - Msgr McClory
- 10/31/20 - Closing Hour
- 11/03/10 - Closing Potluck Dinner
- 9/19/10-Fall 2010 40 Days for Life joint Kickoff
- 9/28/10-David Bereit visit to Southfield 40 Days for Life
- 9/29/10 - Shrine parishioners with Fr. Joe Lang
- 9/29/10-Novi Right to Life at Womancare w/ two Shrine parishioners
- Christmas Caroling - December 24, 2010
Prayer Intentions for the Fall 2012 40 Days for Life
- For the young mothers who have chosen to give life to their babies in spite of the challenging circumstances.
- For the pregnancy resource centers, may the Lord bless your work.
- For those widowed within the past year, may the Lord walk with them in their loneliness.
- For those who are suffering debilitating medical conditions and for those who care for them.
- For the Democrats, that they reject the abortion promoting "planks" in their party's platform.
- For the Republicans, that their commitment to the pro-life "plank" in their party's platform be ardent and sincere.
- For "pro-choice" Christians, that the Lord heal their spiritual blindness
- For "pro-life" Christians, that they always speak out in defense of the unborn with Christ-like compassion and truthfulness.
- For those who are contemplating abortion as a "solution" to their problems; that they experience the loving concern of our God through our outreach.
- For all people of good will, that our compassion extend to all in need.
- For our families and friends who fear to tread where we tread or who just don't understand why this is important, that we live in harmony and mutual respect.
- For the clergy that God will bless their work on His behalf.
If you are interested in what people experience as they pray in front of Womancare, we invite you to read our prayer journals. Journals from previous Campaigns are available here under Forms. The Fall 2012 Journal is below. Please read and be not afraid to come out to bear public witness against abortion and to pray for those babies and their parents and the abortion staff.
Fall 2012 Journal
Day 6: Monday - October 1, 2012
Five cars in front. All here when I got here. Lord, have mercy.
Our Shepherd Lutheran Church Bible study will be here Thursday for 1 hour. Encourage your small groups to come pray here.
Thank you for your support. God bless you all. [A lady stopped by and] gave a beautiful testimony about being pregnant at 17 and someone at the abortion clinic told her she didn't have to have the abortion and she didn't! She has been wanting to stop for some time to say thank you. A lovely person. She has 3 biological children and she and her husband adopted her sister.
Mike, thank you for the kneeler.
Day 5: Sunday - September 30, 2012
Dr. Hodari made a brief stop. Returned and joined a woman who walked in. Shortly another woman came and went in locking the door after her.
Two more women came - one carrying a vacuum. Loading up boxes in Hodari's car.
A young woman named Liz stopped by & wanted to pray with me. She is Christian. Asked about what we do here & if we are from a church group. Told her about 40 Days for Life - encouraged her to come back with a group.
Day 4: Saturday - September 29. 2012 - Please write the name of your church next to your name. Only need to do this once.
Keep fighting the Good Fight! Pray to end abortion! There were a few honks from people that seemed supportive. Another car went by honking and yelled out "abortion rules". We were saying a Rosary at the same time and prayed for this person.
Day 3: Friday - September 28, 2012 10 Babies saved! PtL
We ask the Blessed Virgin Mary for grace for all workers in the pro-life movement that we can end this American holocaust.
Thanks for the Divine Mercy Chaplet prayers.
Thank you, Jesus for the precious gift of Life. May our prayerful presence serve to bring peace to those here that are hurting & choosing not to accept the beautiful gift of life. Amen
For those who are wondering what the sign near the door says: "This office is not equipped for handicapped patients. We are sorry for this inconvenience to you."
So much grace as we seek our Lord & Savior in the midst of evil. I see our heavenly family groaning for all the suffering in creation. We are never alone! God loves each of you.
Sorry to miss first two days, but here I am. Thank you, Lord!
Lord, turn hearts of our country back to You! Help us to see the Way, the Truth, the Light and the Life!
Our Lord, Jesus Christ; - get us back on right path. - open our eyes to see where we got off track from You.
Day 2: Thursday - September 27, 2012
Doctor was here at 7 a.m.
No other cars except Hodari's. Glad to see all your names my friends. "Erica" pulled into the parking lot to pick up a male friend who was wiating for her here. We talked and she admitted she went to the ab clinic to end her 1st pregnancy but was 7 months pregnant so she didn't do it. Was going to abort 2nd baby but a lady talked her out of it. Very happy she has both kids. "I would never do it now". "Keena" talked to me. She brought her daughter here for a pregnancy test. She isn't sure what she will do if pregnant. Gave her PPC card & promise of free US. A man dropped off his wife. They have 2 beautiful kids in the back of the car. She snapped at me that she wasn't here for a termination, but husband's behavior suggests they are! Pray!
Knight shift - there are handwarmers in the van. Not that you need them, but they are available.
Stericycle came and removed the remains. Bob & I gave them a Christian farewell. Young man stopped by. We told him the Rosary prayers before giving him a Rosary. A mother and her two daughters stopped by - visiting from Grand Rapids.
About 3:30, 2 Lathrup Village police cars pulled into WC lot. Went inside for about 8 minutes, came out conversed about 10 minutes. I tried to talk to the one officer, he just responded with "how are you doing today" & got into his car, both left. Only one woman went inside while I was here. The women who were here before me disclosed no problems.
A gentlemen by the name of "Charles" stopped by to show support for the movement. He shared some prophetic wisdom about Scripture. Before he left, we prayed together for an end to abortion and the closure of the clinic.
I am blessed to be here and to have Christ in my life. Lord have mercy.
Day 1: September 26, 2012
Praise God for the Grace and Courage to be His witnesses for the Gospel of Life. We place our trust in His loving care, through the intercession of His Mother and guided by the Holy Spirit. Amen
Twelve people including Fr. Tom Schmied opened the 40 Days for Life with a Rosary, Scripture readings and hymns at midnite.
No staff at 9 a.m. First client at 9:45, 5 more clients arrived. Dr. Hodari arrived at 10:50.
"Brian" stopped by because he saw Howard's van. He works at For 5:30 - 4 and wants to help the 40 DfL vigil. Left contact info and took literature to share. He just found out that 50% of black preg. end in abortion. He fellowships at "Triumph" Church in Southfield.
Some youths broke a window in the rear of WC. It was reported to police by Laura.