The message from the 40 Days for Life team in Memphis was quick and to the point. And with applications for the next 40 Days for Life campaign closing soon, it's something for you and your commmunity to think about!
Here's what Kathy, the Memphis leader, had to say: "I want to give you some updates and stories that will absolutely inspire you to continue your work and volunteer efforts on behalf of life!"
She then passed along quick accounts of some of the 15 turnarounds volunteers reported during the first 40 Days for Life campaign of 2015.
- I spoke with a young couple that had just had a baby and could not afford another child. We prayed and then went into the Confidential Care Mobile Ministry unit, saw ultrasound and a LIFE was saved! I am continuing to mentor and help this mom.
- I talked with a single mom coming for an abortion. I prayed for her. She left, and I am keeping in touch counseling with her as a mentor.
- A lady leaving called out, "Hey! I changed my mind! No abortion!"
- "I saw a young couple holding their ultrasound picture in the gas station parking lot. She was crying. I gave them information, prayed, counseled with them and they left happy! Baby saved!
- A lady had taken the morning after pill and it did not work. She accidentally texted a 40 days leader! She was able to go to the Confidential Care mobile unit and the baby was saved!
- I saw a couple reading literature, so I went over and gave them pro-life literature and they left!
- One girl's credit card was declined for her abortion, and what a blessing we were there and able to walk her to the mobile unit and the baby was saved!
- One girl going into Planned Parenthood was too far along for an abortion here in Memphis and wanted to go to Arkansas for a later second term abortion. Praise God the mom said no we will go have an ultrasound! The baby was saved! (If babies are over 15 weeks 6 days, Planned Parenthood will refer them to a late-term center across the river in Arkansas, where a two-day abortion appointment is scheduled.
- One prayer warrior spoke with a girl going into Planned Parenthood who was 13 weeks along ... and her baby was saved!
- One young girl continued in for her abortion appointment as I prayed, but later resurfaced and entered the mobile ultrasound unit. Baby saved!
- One girl was too far along and had already paid $200 inside Planned Parenthood for an ultrasound. She was crying, and a counselor prayed with her and her mother, and she entered the mobile unit and a life was saved!
- One mom stopped by the sidewalk to show us her baby that had been saved by 40 Days for Life outside Planned Parenthood!
- A mom posted her picture of her baby on social media and thanked us for being there and praying with her. She came to PP for an abortion, but a prayer warrior prayed with her instead. Her baby boy is now here because of that!
Are you convinced yet that 40 Days for Life needs to be active in your city? Think and pray about it! The next campaign runs from September 23 to November 1 ... and applications to lead a campaign close on June 30.