You may be disgusted and outraged at the Planned Parenthood videos about the sale of aborted baby body parts, but not sure what to say in regular conversations with friends or co-workers.
Here are 7 factual statements?that can help you when the topic comes up and you're not sure where to start with this gruesome story.
1. Planned Parenthood is the largest abortion chain in America. According to their own annual report, Planned Parenthood did 357,653 abortions just in 2013 alone.
Get your own copy of Planned Parenthood's annual report to do your own fact-checking. These are Planned Parenthood's own figures.
2. Planned Parenthood has harvested and sold the baby parts of?babies they aborted.
3. Planned Parenthood?alters abortion procedures to get intact baby parts so they can sell them. These parts include the livers and heads of the babies.
4. Outrage at Planned Parenthood is at an all-time high.
5. The videos were released in full length. Planned Parenthood's own investigators said the audio was not manipulated or changed.
Read the findings of Planned Parenthood's inquiry into the videos here.
6. Clinics providing comprehensive care for women outnumber Planned Parenthood 20 to 1. We don't need Planned Parenthood and women deserve better than Planned Parenthood.
For further information about this fact sheet, visit Alliance Defending Freedom.
7. Abortion is a barbaric business and our city deserves better.
It takes courage at times to share the truth ... and even more courage to share the truth?with love.
Abortion is a hard topic for most people to discuss; and it should be, because of what it does and who it does it to. Always remember that there have been 56 million abortions in the United States ... and that has impacted even more millions of lives.
There is?often much pain and hurt, and these videos can rekindle that hurt if it has never been addressed or healed. So do speak with charity.
These videos from the Center for Medical Progress have uncovered a lot and have shown us a deeper level of the evil we?are up against. Do not despair or get discouraged.
Our first action after watching these videos should be prayer. We need God and?His mercy ? and so does our entire world.
When we pray, we give ourselves the foundation needed to act ... and the abortion crisis requires action from us.
Starting September 23, you have an opportunity to pray and act when 307 cities around the world kick off 40 days of prayer and fasting, peaceful vigil and community outreach to end abortion at the local level.
Take courage, be hopeful ? and find your nearest 40 Days for Life location.
Finding your closest campaign and simply contacting your local leader is a good and easy first step. I encourage you to take it. Now more than ever, God will use our smallest steps to help save these precious children.