What is the?one thing we?received from Planned Parenthood and the abortion industry in the videos that we haven?t received since their release? Honesty.
They were honest in the videos about what they do, how they do it, and why it is okay.
They openly (and even casually) discussed?the legality,?procedures, and process of selling baby parts for money.
David Daleiden, the lead investigator behind the videos, said the videos gave a microphone to the abortion industry about what they do.
Planned Parenthood is not na?ve about the gruesome reality of abortion.
The reason the Center for Medical Progress released the full-length version of the videos was because the abortion industry was not hiding anything from them, they were being quite honest.
The abortion industry?s comfort level with abortion and the selling of baby parts of should disturb our comfort level.
Here are 10 honest quotes that should get us?praying ?. and working to end abortion:
- ?It?s a baby.??Dr. Savita Ginde, Vice President and Medical Director, Planned Parenthood Rocky Mountains (Video 4)
- ?Why don?t you start by telling me what are you used to paying???Dr. Mary Gatter, President of the Planned Parenthood Medical Directors? Council (Video 2)
- ?I know I?ve seen livers, I?ve seen stomachs, I?ve seen plenty of neural tissue. Usually you can see the whole brain come out.??Dr. Savita Ginde, Vice President and Medical Director, Planned Parenthood Rocky Mountains (Video 4)
- ?So do people want brain? What do they do with brain? Do people do stuff with eyeballs???Dr. Savita Ginde, Vice President and Medical Director, Planned Parenthood Rocky Mountains (Video 4)
- ?A company like this that wants to give our organization money for the tissue, I think that?s a valid?exchange and that?s ok.??Vanessa Russo, Compliance Program Administrator, Planned Parenthood Keystone
- ?And another boy!??Planned Parenthood Medical Assistant (Video 4)
- ?She gave me the scissors and told me that I have to cut down the middle of the face, and can?t even describe what that feels like.??Holly O?Donnell, former procurement technician, Stem Express (video 7)
- ?There are times when after the procedure is done that the heart is still beating.??Dr. Ben Van Handel, Executive Director, Novogenix Laboratories (Video 7)
- ?My department contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here.?? Melissa Farrell, Director of Research, Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast (Video 5)
- ?Obviously, we would have the potential for a huge P.R. issue by doing this.??Dr. Carolyn Westhoff, Senior Medical Advisor, Planned Parenthood Federation of America
Dr. Westhoff is right and now the P.R. disaster for Planned Parenthood is in full swing. The abortion industry?s honesty in these videos has indeed been a microphone to the world.
They were honest; are we?
They?ve admitted what they do and we must admit to ourselves that we need to do something about it. Their honesty is our call to action.
The videos were indeed a microphone ? a microphone that broke our hearts. But God can use a broken heart ... if we let Him.
The first reaction to these disgusting and barbaric videos needs to be prayer. The second reaction should be to find your closest 40 Days for Life campaign and sign up to pray where the abortions happen. Planned Parenthood is able to sell baby body parts because they have the parts to sell in the first place.
You can stop that through prayer and peaceful presence. You can be that witness. You can see a mom turn around at the very last moment. And you can be on the right side of history. It doesn't require much ? just overcoming a little initial fear.
A closing request: Don't let this moment in history pass by as just another sad story in our culture.
If the abortion industry's honesty about killing, harvesting and selling babies will not break our hearts, prick our consciences and then move us to act ? what scandal will? What do we need to see or hear or feel?
If you are able, then pray, discern and find your location.
Your small effort will be multiplied by the Father Who knitted these babies in His beautiful image and likeness.