"I want to pray for an end to abortion--but how do I pray for an hour (or more!) straight? Won't I run out of prayers?"
It's a common question...but in his Letter to the Thessalonians, Paul exhorts us to "Pray without ceasing." On this episode of The 40 Days for Life Podcast, Steve Karlen, Sue Thayer, and Dr. Haywood Robinson provide six ideas for prayer during your prayer shifts at the September 23 - November 1 40 Days for Life vigil:
- Formal prayers: The Lord taught us the Our Father, but there are many other rote prayers you can use--and parse--when you speak with God.
- Songs, Psalms, and hymns! It's been said that when you sing, you pray twice.
- Scripture: God speaks to us through His Word.
- Spontaneous prayers: Have a heart-to-heart with the Lord.
- Silence: Prayer isn't just talking with God. It's listening to Him too!
- Specific prayers for specific intentions: Pray for the woman who just walked into the abortion facility; for workers, volunteers and supporters of the abortion facility; or for a loved one who is post-abortive.
We also discuss how pro-lifers from different faith traditions can unite--without abandoning their own prayer style.