We are preparing for our Fall 2021 vigil! Please pick a day or two for one hour of prayer for the coming month and two weeks!! Commit those two hours twice a week. Your prayers are needed and heard.
New! If you have commited to praying one hour a day each week of the vigil, we will provide you with a free 40 Days for Life shirt of your choice. Check out the new designs on the national webpage and contact Anne with your choice. Even better, if you wish to lead a group of folks wear matching shirts during your prayer times!
-As of August 2021, the current guidelines to outside gatherings is groups of 25. If there are many people on the sidewalk at the same time, please seperate into groups of 25 or less socially distanced six feet apart. Governor's orders include wearing a mask.
Prayer Vigil Location: The public right-of-way (the sidewalk) outside of Planned Parenthood of Honolulu
839 S. Beretania Street, Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
- Day Prayer Only: The Honolulu prayer vigil is days only, 7:00 am - 7:00 pm (except for our Mid-Vigil Rally which is at 7:00 pm). Be prepared for hot sun in the day and of course an umbrella or rain gear for rainy weather.
- Parking. There is metered street parking along Beretania and surrounding areas and the meters accept credit cards from 8:30 am weekdays and 7:00 am on Saturdays. There are parking lots nearby as well near the Honolulu Musuem of Art.
- Prayer Sign-up. Please sign up for vigil hours on this website. Leaders will be checking the website frequently in case we need to notify you about prayer needs or cautions. Each hour lists percentages of how many others are praying in the same hour(s) others may have no one scheduled. Please if you are alone, try to sign up with someone else or call Anne. We encourage prayers to never to go alone to the abortion facility.
- Flyers and handouts. On this website we have a pdf 40DFL flyer to print and hand out if you feel comfortable doing so on the sidewalk, remember the main purpose of you going is to pray. Listed on the flyer, are local resources to help women choose life instead of abortion, healing from abortion and other helpful informaiton. It is also a great resource to share about 40DFL with friends and family.
- Stay on Sidewalk and not on PP property or street. It is very important to abide by the law and stay on the sidewalk. We are to keep the public right of way (the sidewalk) open for people to pass by freely. Do not stand on Planned Parenthood property which is one foot from front of the facility to the sidewalk and on the driveway. Please do not stand on the street.
- Peaceful Prayer Vigil. When you join 40DFL and sign our Peaceful Prayer Vigil we ask that prayers use positive and peaceful, supportive signage and language. Please do not bring bloody signs or provocative signs... like "Planned Parenthood plans to kill your baby". We are there to reach out gently not provoke hard hearts.
-The Opening Rally is on the first Saturday of the prayer vigil. For the coming fall vigil, it is 9:00 am - 12 noon, Saturday, September 25, 2021.
-The Mid-Candlelight Vigil is mid way through the season on Saturday, October 9, 2021 from 7pm to 8pm.
-The Closing Rally is Saturday, October 30, 2021, 9:00 am to noon.
Armor up. Pray up. Get ready BEFORE going there. A soldier doesn't go on the battle field without his weapon and armor and Christians shouldn't go into spiritual warfare without putting on the WHOLE Armor of God.
Remember, we are called to reach out gently... being as gentle as a dove and as cunning as a snake in our interactions. (Not as gentle as snakes ...biting at the heels of those who are there for abortions) So please be nice to folks as you pray for them and offer to listen to their plight.
Thank you all for hearing the calling of our Lord and making the time and commitment to come and pray. Your being on the sidewalk sows seeds into others and you may the person someone sees upon coming to the facility that changes their minds about going in!!
“Truly I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” Matthew 18:18-20
“If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.” John 15:7-8
"David said to the Philistine, 'You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the Lord almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defiled.'" 1 Samuel 17:45