Spring Break is this week for much of the world. Sign up for some extra prayer shifts at your local 40 Days for Life vigil:
Take some time to catch up on five of the most educational episodes of The 40 Days for Life Podcast from the last year:
- How artificial reproduction contributes to the abortion crisis: 40daysforlife.com/2019/07/16/how-artificial-reproduction-contributes-to-the-abortion-crisis
- Combating climate change with abortion, featuring special guest Dr. Layton Field: 40daysforlife.com/combating-climate-change-withabortionpodcast-season-4-episode-39
- So...just how safe is "safe, legal abortion?" with former abortion workers Dr. Haywood Robinson and Sue Thayer: 40daysforlife.com/So-just-how-safe-is-safe-legal-abortion
- Fighting abortion with great books and beautiful music with Dr. Anthony Esolen: 40daysforlife.com/fighting-abortion-with-great-books-and-beautiful-music
- 5 things EVERY pro-lifer MUST know: 40daysforlife.com/2019/05/07/5-things-every-pro-lifer-must-know
These episodes will remind you why we sacrifice our time to pray for an end to abortion and motivate you to hit the sidewalks yourself!
A man approached Mary at the Allentown vigil and explained to her that when he was a younger man, he got his girlfriend pregnant. His girlfriend's mother persuaded her to go for an abortion.
"He drove her to the [abortion] place," Mary said. "But he didn't stop the car...just kept going. And she didn't say 'stop.'"
Decades later, the couple has two successful grown sons and several grandchildren. One decision for life has had a generational impact!
Another woman approached a prayer warrior named Bob and showed him photos of her toddler. She said that when she was pregnant, she went to Planned Parenthood, but wasn't given any options.
"She didn't like feeling pushed into something, so she left," the Allentown team reported.
Mike in Sheboygan found himself a bit discouraged as he arrived for his regularly scheduled evening vigil hour.
As he drove to Planned Parenthood, he found himself wondering whether his prayer and presence make a difference.
But upon his arrival, he found more than 20 students from a local Orthodox Presbyterian Church youth group would be joining him in prayer.
"Usually he's there alone for that hour," wrote Germaine, the local leader. "The presence of the youth was an answer to his prayer and what he needed to see. He felt uplifted and energized."
If I have despised the cause of my male or female servant when they complained against me, what then shall I do when God rises up? When He punishes, how shall I answer Him? Did not He who made me in the womb make them? Did not the same One fashion us in the womb?
God, forgive us when we try to explain away the obligation we have to help others who need help. Enable us to not devalue them because they are in the circumstance that they are in, but to see them for what they are, those, who like us, were formed by your hand in their mother’s womb. Amen.