Public right-of-way outside
220 Cobb Pkwy N #500
40 Days for Life 365 extends 40 Days for Life to a year round presence in a Nutshell in Marietta details below:
Remember our First Amendment rights are protected as we stand on the grassy area across from Planned Parenthood.
40 Days for Life is standing outside of the Marietta Planned Planned Parenthood (these campaigns are all over the world) with peaceful posters, praying and having resources to hand out to anyone that approaches you. Offering hope and help. WE WILL PROVIDE ALL RESOURCES AND POSTERS FOR YOU. Remember to be wearing a mask and practicing safe social distancing and never be alone. If anyone ever harasses you, please call 911.
YEAR ROUND having a prayerful presence 5 days a week when they are open Mondays through Fridays from 8am to 6pm outside the Marietta Planned Parenthood BUT starting with trying to cover Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 8am to 6pm at first as doing gradually to eventually fill all five days. :)
You just sign up for a couple of hours a week (or you can sign up for more or for less than that).
In a nutshell, it is so beautifully easy as we provide kind, inviting posters to hold as you stand outside and pray with others, so literally you just show up with your posters and pray. Some feel led to sidewalk counsel and others feel led not to but the primary goal is to pray and be a loving presence. Any age can do this as it is that simple.
Marietta Planned Parenthood address: 220 Cobb Pkwy N Suite 500, Marietta, GA 30062.
Please park across the street at the strip mall area where the Office Depot is and then go to the traffic light to cross the street to walk to the Planned Parenthood. There is a "possibility" of being towed if you park any where else just fyi.
Legally, we must stand on the grassy area across from the Planned Parenthood. We are not allowed to stand anywhere in the parking lot. They sometimes call the police and the few times that has happened, the police tell us we are well within our rights to stand on the grassy area next to the parking lot.
40 Days for Life is a community-based campaign that takes a determined, peaceful approach to showing local communities the consequences of abortion in their own neighborhoods, for their own friends and families. It puts into action a desire to cooperate with God in the carrying out of His plan for the end of abortion. It draws attention to the evil of abortion through the use of a three-point program:
- Prayer and fasting
- Constant vigil
- Community outreach
The mission of the campaign is to bring together the body of Christ in a spirit of unity during a focused 40-day campaign of prayer, fasting, and peaceful activism, with the purpose of repentance, to seek God’s favor to turn hearts and minds from a culture of death to a culture of life, thus bringing an end to abortion.
We have resource tables throughout the kick off (Feb. 25th) room where you can get posters and you can get resources to give to women and men if they approach you to talk.*Please do not ever hesitate to call me with any questions. I am so very thankful for each of you!
*Campaign leader: RachelMary Guy 404 922-7659 (or Suzanne at 404 394 0041)
First of all, how can we ever thank each of you enough for your hearts for Jesus and how you respond to HIS Heart for our most vulnerable community, the unborn children, and women and men in crisis. Rhetorical question. Wink THANK YOU ALL!
Here are a few quick bullet points for 40 days prayer vigils and sidewalk counseling which are some things already happening but some things may be a refresher or new information.
First and foremost pray and pray more that God will give you the key to the women's and men's hearts and that HE would prepare their hearts to hear what we pray HE will give us to say.
Wave the women and men to come over to talk with us and wave with a huge smile and point to our posters that say We Care We Can Help. Share that we are there to because we love women and men and we want to help them.
Remember you can motion for cars to roll down their windows or hold out one of the resource papers as you are smiling as we have many conversations that way. Your kind words and caring opens doors to conversations. Say you are there because you care and that you have wonderful resources for places that offer free services and start a conversation and focus on listening to them more than talking.
You can say things like, "Hi, we would love to talk to you. We can give you free healthcare resources."
1. As always…this is all about prayer and loving well….we know that….but love that and this is a “ministry of presence” as one speaker said. PRAY AND LET THEM KNOW HELP IS AVAILABLE. Wave people over to talk with you as you show them your huge, kind smile. :)
2. Always have at least two people together while outside Planned Parenthood-THERE IS A NEW WEBSITE that Rachel will send you soon and we are going to really encourage signing up so people can see how many are out there-I am the biggest offender of never signing up on the computer…I repent-wink! ;)
3. Please call the police if you are threatened in ANY way. Call 911.
4. We have signs for those that want to do the sidewalk counseling aspect that say, “WE CARE. WE CAN HELP.” Remember we will have many resource tables at the kickoff as usual with different free materials and people to talk to that are from local prcs, PATH, Atlanta Morning Center and MANY more ministries represented with resources to equip everyone and to get educated. :) Thankful for them all!
5. We must know our laws and our rights. Go to municode.com or info@ADFlegal.org 1-800-835-5233
6. No bullhorns
7. Wear clothing that is neutral…in other words don’t wear t shirts that talk about ending abortion kind of thing….they powerfully emphasized being approachable.
8. Have gift bags not only for those going in but for women coming out who had abortions….In the gift bag you can include lotions, etc but also include a list of all prcs in GA. Rachel has one and you can make your own as well. There are MANY prcs in the area and we want to share all the options.
9. One sidewalk advocate trainer has emphasized, “This is not a course on apologetics” as we sidewalk counsel…..time is short….give these women and men messages of hope and how we can help, always have resources and share about where to get free ultrasounds and pregnancy tests
10. They suggested this brochure that said on the front “FREE HELP FOR PREGNANT WOMEN” and listed all the pregnancy resource centers in the area, listed about the abortion pill reversal (which our Peter B. Has well equipped us all with that), lists adoption services and financial assistance. Have resources in Spanish too
11. Good things to say: Not too late to change your mind, we can help, free services, I can help you get resources.
12. Have relationships with local prcs which praise God we have MANY fabulous prcs and we do have relationships and I know some of these things are already happening but want to share anyway. Remember to have a comprehensive list of prcs.
13. Remain in prayer, remain calm and peaceful, let the presence of God control our mouths
14. Dress in a way that is approachable ("Pray to End Abortion" shirts are good to have IF people are not sidewalk counseling.)
15. KNOW fetal development. Truthbooth.org.
16. Know abortion procedures. Abortionprocedures.com
17. DO NOT carry a sign if you are talking to someone…set your sign down
18. Let her know help is available- let her know we have free help for what she needs
19. HUMANIZE that baby and LOVE that mom and dad well :) ALL THREE made in God's Image and so loved
20.. If you are talking to the father of the baby and you tell him he can go inside and get the mother of the baby use language like, "You can go inside and get your family." Notice the "your family" instead of going inside to get “her.”
21. SAY, “GOOD MORNING”. I LOVED THIS…so simple….