PLEASE NOTE: Registering on this webpage will bring you information from the national 40 Days for Life Headquarters on a daily basis during 40 Days for Life. This information includes daily prayers, scripture and intentions.
Welcome to Fort Collins 40 Days for Life!
This Fall campaign there will be two ways you can participate in praying, fasting and standing vigil to end abortion and for the protection of the dignity and sanctity of all human life from conception to natural death. We encourage everyone to join us on the public sidewalk in front of the Fort Collins Planned Parenthood to pray and stand vigil for an hour a day, week, or however much time you have available. If you are unable to come to the sidewalk, the second option is to sign up to pray from home.
There is free parking in St. John XXIII's Catholic Church parking lot located at 1220 University Ave, Fort Collins, Colorado.
Vigil signs, bathrooms, prayer cards, and resources etc. are available in St. John XXIII as well.
Please stand peaceful vigil on public sidewalk in front of the Plannned Parenthood (West side of Shields along the stone wall in front of the Planned Parenthood building)
Address: 825 South Shields Street, Fort Collins, Colorado.
1. Be careful not to trespass on the private property. This includes the driveway and parking lot.
2. Be familiar with the Colorado "bubble" law which means we must remain at least 100ft. from the PP doors. When offering information to passers-by, ask them for permission to do so. That is as easy as saying, "May I give you provide you with some free resources".
3. If this is your first time out praying on the sidewalk, the best time “learn” the ropes with experienced sidewalk counselors is on Abortion Days, Thursday, Friday, Saturday between 8am and noon. There are usually experienced and regular prayer warriors present to pray with you. For more quite prayer time, Sunday is a good day to pray.
5. Be aware of southbound traffic.
6. If at any time you feel un-safe, leave the area immediately contact the police, if appropriate. Do not engage with any counter protestors. (See Statement of Peace) Notify the 40 Days for Life Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for participating in Fort Collins 40 Days for Life. God will bless you for standing up to protect the most vulnerable of our society.
Matthew 25:40 'And the king will say to them in reply, ‘Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.'